Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chapter 7

In chapter 7 the topic of reasons for not disclosing is a topic that really struck me. People choose to not to disclose. This is something very common in college students when they meet new people. They don’t want to give the other person a bad image of themselves so they just don’t talk about it. This is something that has happened to me more than a few times. I also believe that some people tend to be more private than others or are really open and like to share their life so I believe that also has an effect on self disclosure.

1 comment:

Les Richman said...

Hey -

It was great to read your blog post on chapter 7! I tend to agree with you about how some people are more private than others, just as some people are more open than others. Personally, I find myself to be a pretty open person. However, there have definitely been times that I was feeling more private and I choose to keep certain things to myself. Learning about what to disclose and not to disclose is indeed an interesting topic, and I think you did an awesome job explaining it. I look forward to reading your future blog posts!