Thursday, June 26, 2008

Web Lecture 4 Jealousy

In web lecture 4 I really enjoyed reading about chapter 10. A section that I found really interesting was the part on jealousy. The study on jealousy that increases relationship rewards was especially interesting to me. I have discovered in the past year that when it comes to relationships I do tend to be a bit jealous. My last relationship I had we were never had the title of boyfriend and girlfriend. I was definitely insecure in my last relationship. Whenever I saw my guy talking to another girl I got extremely jealous. I obviously thought that this girl could be a potential threat since I never had the security of boyfriend/girlfriend. When the relationship was over and I looked back on it I realized that I really had nothing to be jealous about and others girls weren’t really a threat, it was just something that was all in my head.

2 comments:

CGH said...

I liked your blog and I can definitely understand how you would feel insecure in a relationship that had not really been defined. I get jealous in the relationship I'm in and it is a very defined one. I think it happens to everyone. I too have realized that I have nothing to feel threatened about and it really is just me being insecure, it's nothing that my boyfriend is doing wrong. The more confident I am, the less jealous I get.

kcee said...

I believe jealousy plays a big part in relationships. I myself do not get that jealous but my boyfriend does and it gets kinda old after a while so I can totally see jealousy hurting a relationship. I believe everyone gets jealous from time to time because they might feel insecure but you can not let it over take you and ruin your relationship